Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Update: New Jobs, New Home

Ok, so I suck.

I haven't posted in over a week and the only excuse that I can come up with is that fact that I didn't feel like it. Sometimes the blogging wave ebs and flows and I can surely say that mine has been doing a lot more ebbing than flowing of late.

In the time since my last post I left my old job to venture off into a new one here, and so far so good. In my two short (and I mean short because we work from 9:30 to 3:30) I've sorted out my shiny new work laptop (which I'm typing on as we speak) and spent some time in traffic on my way to a Neotell conference.

Although the conference was boring I can say that from what I've experienced being a tech journalist is awesome. I've already been inundated with more offers to review this cellphone, i pod, x box game, computer and go to this press briefing or this conference than I've been able to process. I'm pretty sure it will all become normal in a few weeks but for now I'm enjoying the attention that the Account Executives seem only to keen to lavish me with. Score.

Besides for my new job a few other interesting things have also been happening lately. Lee resigend from her job because she got another one, because this blog has my name in its title and not hers I'm not going to go on about it but let's just say that we both gave out a heavy sigh of releif when it happened because her boss is an ASSHOLE. We're also looking for a new place to live, I know I've mentioned this before but we've narrowed down the options a little bit so it's looking a lot better. We're actually off to see an awesome townhouse tonight in about half an hour so I'm going to leave it there and promise you that I'll catch up tomorrow.

Exelsior!

11 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

Man. Working under an Asshole is the worst. Glad Lee could get out of that unscathed.

Moving sucks too. You will be able to breathe more sighs of relief when you are all settled in and both of your new work routines become more.....routine.

Until that day comes..good luck!

Anonymous said...

The new job sounds awesome! Happy house hunting :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats (again) on the new job! :) Sound like fun so far!

How did it go with the townhouse? Did you like it?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun job! Good luck on the house hunting.. I am sure you will find exactly what you need!

Tamara said...

So glad Lee found a new job too ;-) All the best with the home-hunting.

Justin said...

Good to see you sorted a new job for yourself! Oh and um, welcome back to the I am Tom blog ;-)

Andy - Instafather said...

I'm jealous of your new position. I wish I got cool stuff as an education journalist, but I just get offers for crayons. Not as nice.

Miss T said...

Brilliant! Ok so if you have an extra iphone around please let me know :)

Good luck on the house-hunting!

Spear The Almighty said...

The blogging bug comes and goes here also.

AngelConradie said...

Soooo... its been a week again!

Craig Lotter said...

Exelsior?? Stan Lee would be very disappointed in your spelling... :(

Excelsior! (see, that's how it should be done :P)