Tuesday, March 31, 2009

You've heard this all before

Believe it or not I'm back (I know you're all really tired of hearing that).

I've been busier than Madonna in Malawi lately with the new job so I apologise. For a second there I thought I was going to quit blogging all together but things seem to be smoothing out a little now and I'm getting my work groove on so I think I'll still have time.

So what's news?

I've been heading off to press briefings left right and centre, writing stories about everything under the sun. Additionaly I've also been looking for a new place to live (whic isn't going too well at the moment, let me tell you). Why is it that everytime I decide to view a good deal it's in a really crap area? Is it perhaps because I'm looking for good deals?

The band is up and running again as well which makes me happy. Last weekend we played what may be the worst show of my life in Vander(fail)park. We were nestled in between some of the worst metal bands I've ever heard and were forced to play through what can only be described as a tin can of a PA system. We're playing at The Black Dahlia in Boksburg this weekend so hopefully that should be better, shows in my home town are always cool because I get to stay with the parentals.

I have a bone to pick. Why, when listeners decide to call in on a radio talk show, do they:

a) Ask the presenter how they are. The presenter is fine, haven't you been listening to the thirty idiots before you that have asked her as well?

b) Answer "I'm fine thanks" when the presenter has finished responding. It almost sounds as if they're trying to validate their self worth by telling the world how fine they are without being asked to do so.

It grates my cheese.

This post was shoddily written because I squeazed it in between articles. Catch you later!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you updated! Was getting worried. :)

Also happy that you're so busy and productive at the new job. It totally sucks when you get a new job but nothing to do.

Miss T said...

i remember there used to be a DJ on 5fm that always disconnected the caller if they asked how he was...darren scott?

Helen said...

I know! If the DJ wasn't fine he would have been talking about it all day...

~Sheila~ said...

Good to see you are still alive!!

I think they always ask because it's polite. But what do I know?

Do all of the callers ask? Maybe they just want more talk-time, who knows?

Andy - Instafather said...

Glad you're back. I can understand you on the busy front. I'm trying to get back into it, myself. Hey, be glad you're busy with work, right?

Tamara said...

Ok, Dr M... If I can update my blog with my current internet issues then so can you. Come now... tell the nice readers how you've found a house and all. I am also keen to hear how the Black Dahlia gig went. please?

AngelConradie said...

Sooo... you're not back then?

MarkP said...

Ok, New here. Followed a link from SleepyJane's page. See - picked up on the word BAND !!!! - that just got a Humungous BLEEP on the blog radar.

So what do you play, and have you got somewhere I can hear some stuff ??