Friday, November 28, 2008

I'll be thinking of those unfortunate souls stuck in the northern hemisphere when I'm roasting alive this weekend!

It took me an hour to drive 10 km's (about 4 miles for American readers) this morning. For some reason traffic this week has been horrendous. I left late last night hoping that it would make a difference, but alas no. Lionel Ritchie was in concert about 4km's from my house and everybody was qued up to get some parking. This might not have been so bad if the loyal Mr Ritchie supporters hadn't mixed themselves into the already frustrating rush hour traffic, but they did and we all suffered.

To make matters worse, my CD player has been on the Frtiz lately. This meant that all I had to listen to was the radio. It's amazing that each of the 6 stations I have saved manage to bore me to tears with mindless repitition and bad DJ's. At least I'm very up to date with current affairs (Thank 702 news for the quarter hour news reports).

Anyhow. I'm stoked today because I'm leaving work at 2 to go to this festival. We'll (all my friendly friends) all be camping out together, drinking to much and taking regular puffs from my awesome Cobra shaped hubly. What's more is that I'll also be playing at this festival on saturday afternoon on the main stage. Hooray, we haven't had a gig in about a month so it should be good. I'm buying some wellington boots and some rugby shorts and I'm going to play in that I think. South African summers are HOT.

I'll also be writing about the festival for Funk Magazine which is going to be wicked!

So it's going to be a great weekend. I hope ya'll have a fantastic one and I'll keep you in mind when I'm in the sweltering summer sun. Enjoy the snow!

1 comment:

Andy - Instafather said...

A long trip with limited tunes? Brutal. I have to have my iPod, cd player, regular radio and satellite radio going when I take long trips. I have car driving ADD.