Monday, February 2, 2009

Let's be friends

Hi everybody

Want to be friends?


Ok then we need to get some things out the way first.


- My name is Tom

- I was born in South Africa

- My middle name is David

- I went to an all boys school where I played sports and jammed guitar at assembly. Not the lame sort of acoustic guitar you see at Church (if you do that sort of thing) but a mean guitar that the devil would have been proud of.

- I love peanut butter on toast with coffee, it's my favorite thing to eat.

- I am ridiculously fussy about me food. It has to be made a certain way, with certain ingredients in a certain order. To me only one peanut butter actually exists for example, all the rest are imposters.

- I went to University and I studied English

- When I was a wee' child I was eaten by a spider. Unfortunately I can't climb walls and no, I don't have 8 eyes only 3. What?

- I live with my girlfriend in a flat. We've been together for this - - long.

- I drive a soccer mom car. Don't judge me.

- My girlfriend and I like gin and lime on the rocks. That's her fault.

- I'm way too intollerant and I like things to be done my way. This annoys everyone, especially my girlfriend.

- I am a mean poker player.

- I am borderline obsessive about cleaning. You see, in my head, where I live has to look like a magazine.

- I like to pretend that I read serious academic material because of my education but Roald Dahl's 'Boy' is my favorite book.

-I love reading about peoples lives, why do you think I blog?

- Once I broke my arm trying to balance on a water drum . I was 13 and I cried like a baby.

- I had an emo fringe, cringe, it made be binge. Then I shaved off my hair and never looked back.

- I really really like eating out at nice places. Maybe I should blame this on my parents but I can only thank them for nurturing my expensive taste.

- I will live by the sea one day.

- My family have had Great Danes since I was about 10 and I can confirm that they are the dumbest, sweetest, most loving animals in the world. At the moment my parents have Julio (who is 4 and weighs 85kg's), his best friend is a little terrier called Ben (imagine Baxter from Anchorman).

- I grew up on a 5 acre plot climbing trees, building tree houses, riding motorbikes and chasing cows.

- I get really really angry with shitty South African expats who leave and then try and justify their mistake by trashing our country. South Africa is an amazing place to be. Yes it has it's fair share of problems just like everywhere else but it's definately not going to be the spark for impending Armageddon like some believe. If that's you then I say good riddance.

- I don't really get soccer.

- I LOVE going to gym. I'm not a jock, but it's something I really enjoy.

-One day I'm going to own an Aston Martin DB9.


Good, now we are best friends.

10 comments:

Bella@That damn expat said...

Are you still trying to find some male buddies in the blogosphere?

Hopefully you didn't link to the post in which you brag about your purrty pink lunch box.
Just sayin'.

Janine / Being Brazen said...

ha ha ha - loved this post. Since you were so honest, I guess we can be friends now... ;)

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Heck yeah...I'll be your friend. Oddly, we have a few things in common considering that I'm a 47 year old mother of two who has been married for 25 years and lives in the lowcountry of South Carolina, USA. You can never have too many friends.

Unknown said...

Now that we are friends we should host a poker night.

Random Hiccups said...

Hey I'm in on that poker night!

PS. Lived by the sea in Amanzimtoti. It's not all its cracked up to be. I'm a city girl at heart...

Anonymous said...

Hi friend.

Just read the post were you got bitten by the spider and I *may* have peed a little.

I have a fear. Of spiders. Even daddy long legs. I'm a total girl on that one.

Tamara said...

OMW... I'm with you on the Aston. It's like an orgasm on wheels.

PS: the dudes in my church rock a mean guitar that even the devil would be proud of ;-)

Thomas said...

Bella: sheepers, you really won't leave me alone about the lunch box. It's not even with me today for your information so there!

Brazen: Super, that's what I was aiming for:)

Belle: We are practically the same person! Wierd:)

GlugsteR: We should do it..seriously, I know we live in the same area..

Random: You are in! I was thinking more CT, I love that city..

Sleepy: Ha ha, yeah it was hectic, so hectic I don't remember a thing!

Tamara: Aston's are amazing. Beautful, but definately not too in your face. Just right:)

BioniKat said...

Assembly must have been very well attended, though I sensed a little OCD in there somewhere, hope Uni helped you to understand English (lol), patient girlfriend (look after her), great childhood, yay SA - frends4eva!!

AngelConradie said...

well hello there new friend!